Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Breaking up a fight

My morning so far:

Walk to my first class (MG1 boys) and see that there's a kid playing 'lookout' on the door and a lot of noise coming from the class. Of course, the dear boy is looking the wrong way, so I gleefully sneak up on him and say 'Boo', scaring the crap out of him. He dashes in and shouts something.

Teaching is the best job ever.
So I enter the class, and one of the better behaved kids in the class grabs me and points at the back, where a circle of boys is surrounding a boy who is on the floor. "Teacher! They're fighting!"

No sign of my co-teacher, so I march to the back and shout,

"YA!" (Which means "HEY!" in Korean). "Stop it!"


The kids freeze. Some of the boys pull the guys who were fighting apart, and they move to opposite ends of the class. "Sit. Down," I snarl. They rush to their seats. "Now." That gets the stragglers.

I glare at the students. "Is that how you act at school?"

Students are quiet, and attentive. Co-teacher walks in. The little angels have never looked this good before class. But she comes in as I'm saying, "No fighting at school!" so she's clued in.



So, that's how I sorted that out. In hindsight, I think I would have preferred the Trunchbull method,. Oh well, a few stern words in an angry teacher voice will have to do.

A wild Trunchbull appears! She uses pigtail spin! It's super effective.

The kids were angels for the rest of the lesson, and the co-teacher spoke to the fighting boys after class and made them apologise to each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment