Friday, March 1, 2013

Finding Home

My plan for today is to see a doctor, although I think I need my ARC certificate for that, and clever-clogs over here left it in her co-teacher's car, along with all her other important documents, and the textbooks she's supposed to be going through. Maybe they'll accept my passport for now - surely they treat tourists, and you're supposed to apply for your ARC within 90 days of arriving, so this can't be a first... But there's no knowing for sure with bureaucrats and I don't want to walk all the way there for nothing.

Anyway, I'm still not entirely sure where my apartment is, in relation to the rest of the world. Neither google maps nor Naver maps have ever heard of my sparkly vampire building. So I marked home on my GPS and grabbed the coordinates from that.

Now I know that I'm about 100m from the river I've been wanting to walk along. So maybe after my co-teacher (hopefully) brings my stuff, and I've seen the doctor and been medicated, I can go for a gentle stroll down the river. I still have a lot of unpacking to do while I wait for my co-teacher to reply to my email, but I doubt she's even awake yet.

I've been up since 5. Need to unpack so I can find my own medicine and self-medicate. I think I might have a kettle.

The vacuum cleaner only works for about 2 minutes at a time. But alternating between vacuuming and scrubbing, I think I've gotten most of the hair and gunk out of my flat.

No comments:

Post a Comment