Thursday, January 17, 2013

My contract is in the mail!

Come on, come on...

You've got 9 days left to get to me, before I go overseas and things get unnecessarily complicated.



Edit: Spoke to my recruiter last night and he is couriering it to me today, which means it should be here either tomorrow or on Monday. YAY!

Time to:
 - Download and fill out the residency form for SARS
 - Check that I have everything I need for the visa application
 - Complete the pre-orientation course. I'm find it repeats a lot that I did in Linguistics 1&2, PGCE and TEFL, so it's a bit of a pain, but I'll be done with the boring bits soon and can move on to the Korean culture, history and language bits, which I'm more interested in.
 - test-pack my luggage
 - Work on my basic Korean skills, which I've been slacking on a bit
 - Buy gifts for staff and students at the school

I'm also doing pretty well on my diet and exercise plan - only 2kg to go before I'm the weight I said I was on my application. Being over it is not an uncommon problem, but I've heard of people being sent home because they lied about their weight. I didn't have a scale, so I guessed, and was off by about 5kg. I am quite keen to get in shape, so this seemed like a good goal to start with. If you're interested in stalking my health kick, I'm sweatywaygook on Fitocracy. And that's all I'm going to say about that, in this blog. I might talk about keeping fit in Korea when I get there, but less about me, more about the facilities or things I try.




2 comments:

  1. Due to me just eating a LOT before I came....I gained around 7 kilos from what I was when I filled out my application.....And they didn't send me home.... they didn't even mention anything.

    I think as long as it's not detrimental to your health - then you're cool!

    But it's all good motivation :)

    Good look with the pre orientation - the 'post orientation' one is just as fun ...... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know, thanks. I think the guy who was sent home was about 15kg heavier than he'd said he was, which can be seen as being dishonest. I was a bit skeptical about it but figure if I'm going to pick an arbitrary number as a goal then that was a good one to start with.

      As for the training... Oh joy of joys...

      Delete