Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Finding the 'off' button

I realised something shocking, something really, really awful this holiday: I am incapable of turning off my teacher mode. It's completely taken over... 

I kept explaining vocabulary to my older (and relatively smart-ish) sister. She got tired of that quickly.



I memorised names of new relatives immediately...

...thereby avoiding future awkwardness.


Cold weather? Don't worry kids, er, I mean Aunts and Uncles. I've got spare winter wear for everyone.

Everybody loves a hand-knitted hat.

Rain? I've brought board games too! And yes, they ARE all educational and languagey.



Flu? Why yes, I have a pharmacy in my bag as well.



Now form an orderly line to the buffet table, if you please. Ladies first! Don't be greedy. Look! A giraffe! G-i-r-a-f-f-e. Now, who can tell me what a giraffe - g-i-r-a-f-f-e - eats? No, not you, Grandma - give someone else a chance to answer, please... 


And then they threw me to the lions.




No comments:

Post a Comment